15 posts in 8 weeks, that’s not so bad. 🙂 But I guess I should try to fill up my cookbook with a decent number of recipes before my holidays end. Baking adventures and blogging will really be just a leisure activity once my internship starts. So my next few posts might be limited to recipes and photos, just to bring down the pile of recipes I’ve tried and waiting to be blogged about.
If you like soft and chewy cookies then try out these easy coconut macaroons. This recipe yield about 25 small sized cookies. Source : Allrecipes.com
- 3 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbs condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- I have halved the amount of flour mentioned in the original recipe since I found that too much flour gave a ‘flourish’ taste to the coconut macaroons.
- If you are out of condensed milk, no need to rush to the food store! Check out my post on Homemade Condensed Milk . 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets and dust with some flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut, flour and salt. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the coconut is sufficiently toasted. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
These coconut macaroons were supposed to be dipped in melted chocolate but I was simply to lazy to do so. 🙂 Maybe next time I’ll drizzle some melted chocolate or icing sugar glaze over them.