I can definitely feel it now… The hot summer days are here!!! I already miss the perfect winter we had this year; just cold enough without the need of double layers of clothing. But with summer, comes those refreshing cooler drinks that we all enjoy so much! 🙂 I’m surely gonna make the most of it.
Watermelon Agua Fresca is a perfect way to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. 🙂 Agua Fresca is a popular Mexican beverage made out of fruit and it literally means “water refreshment”. This hydrating and refreshing drink is lightly flavored and not overly sweet. (Recipe from here)
- 4 cups chilled watermelon (chopped and seeded)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 – 2 tbs sugar / honey (optional)
- ice cubes
- Add chopped and seeded watermelon to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the water and lime juice and blend again.
- Strain through a mesh colander if desired. (I did not find it necessary)
- Stir in sugar or honey, depending on how sweet the watermelon is. Chill and serve over ice cubes.
You can make this amazing drink in just a few minutes! Keep it in the fridge and enjoy anytime you need to chill out. 🙂
I can’t wait to try this with other fruits! Pineapple, mango, papaya, passion fruit, tamarind, guava, orange, strawberry… You can make Agua Fresca with really any kind of fruit!! 🙂