Do you want to taste the famous Gajar ka Halwa or Carrot halwa without having to spend hours in the kitchen? This recipe from Red Chillies makes it all so simple and easy. 🙂 Give it a try and you’ll be amazed how fast this delicious dessert can be made in the microwave!!
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 tbs butter
- 6 tbs milk powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 – 4 tbs sugar ( adjust to taste )
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbs sliced almonds
- Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the grated carrots and mix well. Microwave for 2 minutes, until the raw smell of carrot goes away.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix together the milk, milk powder, and sugar. You can adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
- Add this to the cooked carrots and mix well. Microwave for 7 to 8 minutes; stirring the mixture after every 2 minutes. You might need to adjust the cooking time depending on the serving size and power of your microwave.
- Add the cardamom powder, sliced almonds and mix well.
- If the mixture appears too dry, add some milk and microwave for a minute. If it appears too wet, then microwave for a couple of minutes more.
- If desired, top with some sliced almonds before serving.
You may as well make the halwa a bit dry and then flatten it evenly before cutting into desired shape. This yummy dessert is absolutely irresistible! 🙂