A sweet aroma of homemade pie is filling the house as I’m writing this post. I simply couldn’t resist the temptation of leaving right in the middle of my post for today to go and bake a pie! I guess that’s why the recipe is called Easy Pie Crust. Now that my pie is cooling by the window, I’ll continue with my post till it’s ready to be served. I think this is the hardest part of the recipe; waiting to have a bite! 🙂
When I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, I wasn’t sure whether this pie crust will turn out as good as a traditional pie crust made of butter. But I’m glad I tried it. This is the third time I’m using this recipe and it’s absolutely amazing; perfect for a quick and easy pie! You can use this crust both for sweet or savoury pies.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 5 tsp sugar ( for sweet pies )
- 1 tsp salt ( for savoury pies)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp milk
- Adjust the amount of sugar and salt to your taste. For savoury pies, you can add in herbs and spices to the crust. I usually add in ground cinnamon when making sweet pies. You may as well use some finely chopped nuts. 🙂
- The dough might break while handling but simply press it down in your pie dish; it’ll be perfect once baked. Avoid adding in too much oil else you end up with a crust which is too crumbly.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients. Add in the oil and mix. Add the milk to form a dough.
- You can mix the ingredients directly in a 9 inch pie pan and the press down the dough to shape your pie crust. The dough can be rolled out as well and then transferred to your pie dish. I find it easy to roll out the dough between two sheets of kitchen paper and the turn it over in my pie dish.
- Using a fork poke holes in bottom and side of crust. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Use as directed in desired pie recipe.
Here’s the banana pie I baked today! 🙂 I’ll share the recipe for banana pie very soon in another post. Right now I’m going to have a slice of this delicious pie with a warm cup of tea. It’s already past tea time but I definitely can’t wait till after dinner. 🙂